REVOLUTIONARY MICRO-CARAVAN FOR E-BIKES
GentleTent presents a world’s first: the B-Turtle. The B-Turtle is a dual-wheel transport/caravan combo for bike enthusiasts, who love adventures, but do not want to give up a comfortable bed at night. The revolutionary bike trailer is made of a lightweight aluminum construction and weighs 30kg. Within minutes, the compact bike trailer transforms into a comfortable sleeping tent for 2 people.
Innovative bike trailers and new horizons of traveling – Creator and GentleTent founder Gernot Rammer is convinced that he has invented a new way of traveling with the creation of the B-Turtle, which has been strongly influenced by the e-bike boom.
A designed inspired product name
The „B“ in B-Turtle is short for „bike“. Inspired by the shape of the inflated micro-caravan (it reminded us of a turtle’s back), we decided to name our trailer innovation B-Turtle. The German translation ‘Schildkröte’ would have been a tongue twister our non-German audience.
THE B-TURTLE AT A GLANCE
The B-Turtle consists of:
- Aluminum bike trailer (Length: 110cm, Width: 79cm, Height: 58cm)
- Drawbar with Weber coupling
- Integrated transport tray inside the bike trailer with a load capacity of about 120 liters (Length: 104cm, Width: 45cm, Height: 26cm). A waterproof PVC bag is protecting its content and can be completely closed via a zipper.
- The tent sits on top of the trailer and connects via a Velcro strap (Pack size in turtle mode – Length: 105cm, Width: 79cm, Height: 15cm)
- Two aluminum support struts provide greater stability for the deck platform.
Switched into camping-mode, the spacious air tent offers:
- A stable deck platform made of drop stitch material (Length: 210cm, Width: 130cm, Height: 15cm)
- The actual air tent above the deck platform provides a pleasant interior height of about 130cm in the entire tent. Ventilation and light is ensured by a window on the rear wall and two windows with mosquito nets on both sides.
- A connected awning serves as an entrance area and provides plenty of headroom and a fully rollable doorway. The storage space inside the bike trailer is easily accessible from the awning. (Length: 110cm, Width: 130cm, Height: 200cm).
Camping with comfort
Sleeping on the ground is a thing of the past with the B-Turtle. With the inflatable deck platform, you will literally ‘float’ at a height of 73cm. Measuring a width of 130cm, the B-Turtle provides enough sleeping space for 2 people. The spacious air tent with an interior height in the entire tent of at least 130cm, shelters you against wind and weather.
Plenty of space in the awning
The integrated awning adds to a lively atmosphere inside the tent. Entering the tent and being able to stand upright? – that is how we bring comfort and luxury into perfect harmony. Via a zipper at the lower part of the awning, the transport tray can be easily reached. Thus, your travel belongings can be reached at any time.
Solo-traveling, in pairs OR fancy traveling in a group?
It does not matter, if you are travelling alone, with your partner or an entire ‘turtle colony’, the B-Turtle does not miss out on high quality and comfort for each and every constellation. Carrying an inflatable home will give you a new feeling of travel freedom, independence and flexibility.
Transport trailer in everyday life
The detachable tent construction makes it possible to use the B-Turtle also on a regular basis for daily errands. If you dismount the tent of the trailer, the B-Turtle will transform into a load trailer for your next shopping trip. Functional and environmentally friendly!!!
B-Turtle’s setup and dismantling in a few steps:
After a long day of biking and touring, you just want to find the perfect spot and relax? There is nothing easier than that– just switch from Turtle into Camping Mode and enjoy.
- Firstly, disconnect the trailer from your bike. Continue by extending and mounting the frontal struts. Remove the tent package bag.
- Open all buckles and unfold the deck platform to all sides.
- Transported in the tent package bag, two support struts are attached to the lower side of the deck platform via a Velcro strap and mounted to the trailer.
- Now inflate the deck platform using a double-stroke hand or electronic pump. The inflation of the air tent follows.
- Fix the trailer and the awning with tent pegs to the ground and fasten the tent with guy lines. – DONE!
The dismantling of the B-Turtle runs in the exact reverse order.
The setup of the B-Turtle takes between 10-20 minutes depending on whether you used a double-stroke hand or an electronic pump for inflation. Dismantling is done within 10 minutes.
The B-Turtle trailerer
The aluminum lightweight trailer construction of the B-Turtle fulfills two main features:
- A maximum static stability and load capacity at the lowest possible weight. In order to provide a weight load of up to 200kg in Camping Mode, the wheel axle is enclosed on both sides by the B-Turtle’s frame. Unlike conventional quick-release axles, the wheel axle makes the B-Turtle particularly stable. The trailer is thus able to take up to 100kg payload.
- Using state-of-the-art aluminum pipe bending technology, the current technical possibilities are exhausted. The trailer’s pipe parts are bent, welded and powder-coated by a specialized partner company in Germany.
- To improve roadability, the trailer wheels feature a slight inclination. Inflated at 4 bar, the high-quality trailer wheels are particularly robust. Thus, it is also possible to bike on non-paved roads.
- The retractable transport tray is made of aluminum and can be easily pulled out. To save weight and simultaneously ensure a waterproof interior, the aluminum tray is covered with a lightweight tarpaulin, accessible via a zipper. When the tray bag is open, the storage space is made fully accessible.
- A weber coupling is connecting the trailer to the e-bike.
The B-Turtle tent
The air tent and the inflatable drop stitch (DS) mattress are packed in a bag made of lightweight tarpaulin. The DS mattress is firmly connected to the upper pipe of the B-Turtle trailer. When riding, the storage in the B-Turtle remains empty for your personal belongings.
In camping mode, the two support struts, packed in the tent package bag, are connected to the DS mattress via a Velcro strap. A number of buckles on the aluminum frame of the B-Turtle prevent the support struts from slipping off. Additionally, the construction is stabilized by the wheels and two extendable support struts, mounted on the B-Turtle. The extremely stable deck platform is created through simply fastening the guy line.
GentleTent’s air tent is connected to the DS mattress via a sturdy zipper. When inflating the DS platform and tent in Camping Mode, the inflation of the comfortable interior area of the B-Turtle follows. The spacious awning is fixed to the ground with 2 to 4 tent pegs and two guy lines in the front fasten the tent to the ground.
Tältmaterial: Polycotton , Externa rör: Double Ripstop PES , Liggplattform: Drop Stitch , Interna Rör: TPU, PES
Släpvagn: 110 cm x 79 cm x 58 cm, Liggyta: 210 cm x 80 cm, Interiörhöjd: 130 cm – 220 cm, Yttre mått: 320 cm x 80 cm x 200 cm
Förpackningsmått (L x B x H)
Tält: 105 cm x 79 cm x 15 cm
B Turtle Mono, Yttre Skydd, Weberkoppling, GT Dubbelverkande Handpump, Tältpinnar, Spännlinor, Reparationssats
Tältmaterial: Polycotton , Liggplattform: Drop Stitch , Alu, Interna Rör: PVC
Släpvagn: 110 cm x 79 cm x 58 cm, Liggyta: 210 cm x 130 cm, Interiörhöjd: 130 cm – 220 cm, Yttre mått: 320 cm x 130 cm x 200 cm
Förpackningsmått (L x B x H)
Tält: 105 cm x 79 cm x 15 cm
B Turtle , Yttre Skydd, Weberkoppling, GT Dubbelverkande Handpump, Tältpinnar, Spännlinor, Reparationssats